- Kris got his learner's permit today! Hurray! (Kris is my 16-year-old stepson, and he has thus taken his first step towards American adulthood.)
- Tomorrow we're driving up to Minnesota to visit Sveinn's mother and brother on the farm. Sveinn's father grew up there, near a small town that's described as "very diverse -- we've got a Swedish Lutheran church AND a Norwegian Lutheran church". It's my first visit. I am looking forward to the weekend, and also apprehensive.
- I work as a barista at Starbucks, and as a Hebrew teacher at a nearby Conservative Jewish congregation. I'm studying to retake the GREs, as my scores from 30 years ago are outdated. The goal is to get accepted into Aleph's rabbinical program.
- I keep injuring my bad ankle. It keeps responding by getting more and more arthritic. Therefore, I haven't put armor on since the Grey Niche war last September. But I still like to think of myself as a fledgling fighter in the SCA.
- We put a significant chunk of our savings into waterproofing the basement after it flooded last December. Soon, we'll put even more into refinishing it. Has to be done, though, as the house is too small for all our combined stuff without using the basement. I'm looking forward to getting the family room back!
- If you haven't already guessed... Reader, I married him. ;-)
Sunday: It's almost the end of the summer, and Sveinn is out of town building a replica Viking longhouse, but the Pizza Quest continues! Kris and I…
Sunday: Eat out as part of Kris's Summer Pizza Quest. (We went to Cecil Whittaker's for North County Pizza. Verdict? The crust was too wimpy and the…
The first flowers of the year! Snowdrops growing in a friend's front yard today.